Monday, July 12, 2021

Tattoo

 


Jakarta, 11 July 2021

Back in my teenage years (I wish it only happens 3-4 years ago, but nope.. I’m not that delusional.. haha) – I really like Spice Girls.
For me, at that time, they are really bring a message that I agree upon it : Girl Power.

Growing up in the country where female have works twice as hard than male to prove themselves, this message really resonate with me.
So, when Mel C got tattoo – girl power words, written in Hiragana, I really like it.

I remember told my father, that one day I want to have tattoo like her.
My father just said, “why you want that?”
He’s not forbid me but he just questioned my intention since I was still in junior high school and at that time, those who have tattoo are still connoted negatively.

I didn’t think about it again, until I met Oma Sandy back on 2011.
I saw several of her tattoo, one of it is her parents name – that fascinated me. Her parents name combined makes a good meaning also.
So, we discuss about tattoo a lot.

Until I make my first tattoo on 2014.
I remember, it took only 15 minutes, with my parents name on it.
I made it after working hours.
Hurts as hell after it made for almost 7-10 days and I have to hide it from my parents. It’s difficult because I live in the same house as my parents. Hahahahahaha.
At that moments, my sister is the only one in my house who know about it.

If you wanna know, my parents finally found out about this tattoo after a month because of my own stupidity.
Of course, my mom is yelled at me and my father. She gives me classic question, such as : this is not permanent, right? It can be faded or erased, right?
Despite of my conversation in the past, my father is the one who remind cool about it.
When my mom yelled at me (and him), his response is : she is old enough to made that decision with her body.
Well, anyway, my parents now is totally ok with my tattoo (talking about better say sorry than asked for a permission, right?).
For my second tattoo, my father is the one who help me to choose my phoenix tattoo design from several options.

After having tattoo, I just realized that tattoo are personal, it has meaning to those who bear it. A memory, a prayer, a visualization of what they want to become, a reminder.
And different with situation in the past where tattoo have negative connotation, I think that people nowadays have their better understanding or open minded to tattoo.

How about you?
Do you have tattoo or tattoo to make?

Cheers,
Amel


No comments:

Post a Comment