Monday, July 12, 2021

Aksara


Jakarta, 12 July 2021


It passed midnight and Permission to Dance is already blasting on my ear for 3 hours on loop now
I really need to sleep, but working from home really makes my night owl habit rised up again.
There is nothing better than working in the middle of the night where the world quiet and calm.

Anyway, the tittle is in Sanskrit that adapt to Indonesian and several language, such as Hindi.
Based on Wikipedia, it means impersihavle, indestructible, fixed, immutable (beautiful, isn’t it? I even thought of give my son/daughter name with this word).

My interest to something related with language and linguistic coming from my father. 
He is professional writer, until no, he still can be found reading thick book about philosophy, religion, linguistic or even good novels. Even though he is not teach linguistic anymore, his interest in books is marvelous. 

For me, this linguistic interest is including found interesting script. 
When I'm bored, I can be found playing with google translate to find words or sentences written in different language or script other than English and Latin letters. 

When looking for tattoo design a few months back, I found several words that I'm interested to, such as: blessed, light, abundance, strength, courage, etc.
They are written in Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi and several script. 
I even found a very beautiful Song of Salomon's tattoo in Hebrew that looks like ship. 

After several contemplation and discussion with my friends, thinking what kind of life that I would like to have, I decide to have this words: abundance - blessed - balance. 
I choose this words with hope that I can have this kind of life. 

On the day of having this tattoo, I asked the tattoo artist to make this in Hangul, Hebrew and Arabic. 
Placed in area that can remind me everytime I feel desperate or need encouragement.

What is your words of encouragement and favourite script? 

Cheers, 
Amel


No comments:

Post a Comment